On the same day I made my healthy alternative, I also made these delicious pumpkin cheesecake bars, as a less healthy, but as delicious option for my guests. Have you seen my baking mess on Instagram? I always post my baking extravaganzas on my story!
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
2.5 cups flour (or almond flour)
2.5 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp baking soda
CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
8 oz package cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
- Adjust the rack to the lowest setting in the oven. Set to 350. Grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a large bowl or kitchen-aid, beat butter for 1 minute on medium.
- Add the brown sugar. Beat on medium until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, followed by pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl, whisk remaining ingredients.
- Add to the mixer, on low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture in the pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand held or kitchen-aid mixer, beat cream cheese for 1 minute.
- Add sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat on high.
- Drop spoonfuls into the pumpkin blondie mixture already in the pan.
- Drop the remaining pumpkin blondie mixture into the pan.
- Smooth over, going in a swirling motion.
- Place on lowest rack on 350 for 35 minutes.
These are SO good. Given the “less healthy” option, I limited myself to one, and froze them to take out for future desserts! Suggested freezer life is 2 months, in an air tight bag. Let me know what you think of these ones!