You may have seen this on my Instagramstory, but I just made some of the best pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, and was able to sub some unhealthy ingredients for a healthier version. Are you ready for this?
1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup Walden Farms Zero Calorie Pancake Syrup (or honey)
1 cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup almond milk
2 tsp pumpkin spice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place wet ingredients in the blender. Top with dry ingredients, except for chocolate chips. Blend until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips, and stir in.
- Use an ice cream scooper, scooping 1 scoop into each muffin tin (3/4 full).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then place on cooling rack or serving dish.
Want to know the best part? These are good FROZEN for up to 2 months. Take one out the night before, thaw, and enjoy for a healthier breakfast alternative the next day. Who’s trying this out?!