In an attempt to make a healthy meal while keeping it fun for the husband’s taste buds, I decided to test out this recipe with my new favorite honey buffalo sauce and an all-time favorite spaghetti squash. Follow the recipe below, and don’t forget to leave your feedback in the comments!
What you’ll need:
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Medium Skillet
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper
- 1 lb chicken breast (cooked & shredded)
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 1 rib celery (sliced)
- 2 green onions
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- Wing-Time Buffalo Sauce (Whole Foods find)
Steps to Success:
1. Heat the oven to 350.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Then slice spaghetti squash in half and discard seeds. Place face down on baking sheet.
3. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Allow time to cool before using a fork to gently scrape squash into mixing bowl.
4. Cook the chicken, and shred it.
5. In a separate pan, sauté red peppers and onions and celery.
6. Add all ingredients into bowl, and mix in your preferred amount of honey buffalo sauce.
7. Scoop back into squash shells and put into the oven for 10 minutes. You can also add preferred cheese to the top!
What worked for me:
- Putting everything back into the oven really helped the ingredients and flavors cook together and changed the taste from a 7 to a 10!
- I drizzled ranch dressing on top for added flavor. The buffalo sauce has a slight kick to it, and I do not prefer spicy foods so this was the perfect add on for me!
I would love to make this more often, and cannot wait to try mixing up the sauce flavor as well! Are you a fan of spaghetti squash? Let me know if you try out this recipe in the comments below!