Ok, I was skeptical about this at first. I just wasn’t feeling like a “shrimp dinner,” but I also wanted to test out a recipe and this is what I had the ingredients for.
What you’ll need:
- 1 Large Skillet
- 1 Medium Skillet
- Baking Sheets
- Aluminum Foil
- 12 oz medium or jumbo shrimp
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- Wing-Time Buffalo Sauce (Whole Foods find)
Small yellow potatoes
Steps to Success:
1. Heat the oven to 350.
2. Wash and dice all veggies.
3. Coat potatoes and brussel sprouts in olive oil and seasoning of your liking. I used garlic powder for the potatoes and savory, pepper, salt, and onion powder for the brussel sprouts. Place in over for 20 minutes or until tender.
4. Sauté onions, peppers, zucchini, and broccoli in olive oil.
5. In a separate pan, sauté shrimp.
6. Add ingredients together, and mix in buffalo sauce. Add to your liking (I don’t like too much sauce, so I just drizzled into my dish once I scooped out 1 serving.
7. Take potatoes and brussel sprouts out of oven.
What worked for me:
- Add zucchini last so it doesn’t get too soft.
- Let shrimp skillet cool for a few minutes prior to adding sauce so it doesn’t get watery.
This dish was surprisingly delicious, filling, and nutritious. I will be making this again.
Have you ever tried this buffalo sauce? What’s your favorite Whole Foods sauce?